Monday 8 October 2012

Tweets

Well, looks like I'm going to have to Tweet at home - ICT has blocked the usage of Twittering on site! 

What a shame, as I would like to use Twitter for numerous things, such as, helping to promote the library by posting information and latest news to our library users, including URLs that maybe of interest to them.

In addition, to the above I would like to keep uptodate with whats happening in the library world, by following other posts relating to libraries with the latest news, and any upcoming events I would be interested in attending, which in turn, could be beneficial to help develop and enhance my existing library skills (well, I could only try) Sammy :-)

2 comments:

  1. That's a real shame as twitter is so useful. Have IT given any reason for the block? Would they consider opening up your pc? Did you read the LSE document about using twitter in an academic environment? It's in the thing 2 notes. You might be able to use some of the arguments with your IT department. I did prepare some arguments for the use of web 2.0 in libraries and these were aimed at IT departments. I'd be happy to send the document to you if it might help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ICT blocks all social networks, unfortunately. I am not sure what the LSE document is, I did send a document across to ICT to help support this course, and I think (a big THINK) they have lifted a ban on Dropbox as they were concerned about what information I will be using, which will be very interesting when we begin that module.
      I would be very gratful if you could send across the documents and we could raise this with ICT if not for the course, but for reference to use Twitter for the library in the near future.

      Thank you so much for help.

      Delete